Welcome friends and family!

"The colors of life shift

within a fixed parameter,

movable blocks of shadow

and light, interchangeable

or not."































"Chaos is a friend of mine." ~Bob Dylan

"Chaos is a friend of mine." ~Bob Dylan
Da Boys!

Front and Center!

These two creatures who have locked up my heart will be front and center in this little corner of blogosphere!







Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Poems

The unbearable heat lately has forced me inside, for the most part.  That being said, the heat has been good for my creative juices.  I've written a few new poems that I thought I'd post.


"August"


This heat
assaults me
like the uninvited
embrace
of a stranger,
his stale breath
pressed
against my cheeks
as I blink back
the assault of an angry sun.

August
straddles
my limbs
and stifles
my soul.
Languid thoughts
drowse
on cushions
Of distant snow angels.

~~~~8/11/10


"Intrusion"


Small
shards
of
discontent
prick
my illusion
of
contentment
and
I
turn away
from
the
sting.

~~8/11/10


 
What if




we could go back
and rewrite
a story
or even a paragraph in time?


What if
we could insert
a word or
conversation
Into a completed chapter?


The days are blank pages
as we journey through them,
one word, sentence,
one scene at a time….

no editing allowed once the ink has dried.


~~~8/10/10
Back in time.....9th or 10th grade.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

These are all wonderful, Sis! I think the last one speaks to me the most.

Beautiful!

Marion said...

Oh, Pammie! I love them all. I began a "Whatif" poem just last week. The heat of August has us house-bound and writing as much as the snow did! I love it. You have a beautiful, luscious mind. Thank you for sharing your poems. Love & Blessings!! xo

quid said...

These are so beautiful! I like August the best. I wish I had the inspiration to write, right now, but life is a series of hard knocks just lately, and I'm trying to jump rope until I can escape. My blogging and book reviews have gone for naught all summer.

It helps to know you're all in my corner.

quid

Bob said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your gift.